Dear global debating community
We are happy to announce this year’s WSDC motions. We thank all involved, who have devoted very much time and effort into creating these four prepared and one Grand Final motion.
The following motions are not yet in any particular order, so no rounds have been assigned to them yet. This will be announced at a later date.
Here they are:
- This House would require democratic states to hold a national referendum to ratify any free trade agreements
- This House believes that the Obama Administration’s foreign policy has done more harm than good
- This House believes that technology companies with significant market shares should not be eligible for patent protection
- This House believes that, after meeting their basic needs, individuals have a moral responsibility to donate their wealth towards poverty alleviation
Grand Final motion:
- This House believes that states should be allowed to pay other states to relocate and settle refugees
We thank the motions committee for their great work:
- Aisha Ahmad, Pakistan
- Anna England Kerr, England
- Daniel Swain, Australia
- Georgie Barker, Scotland
- Kaspar Kelder, Estonia
- Paidamwoyo Mangondo, South Africa
- Udayan Mukherjee, New Zealand
See more at the WSDC 2016 website.